Tuesday 11 August 2015

Age of Sigmar Bloodreavers

The build of the Khorne force continues with the first unit of marauders (bloodreavers). I decided to split the figures from the box into two lots of ten, the second unit I aim to modify to give shields. This unit gets the full command - the horn blower is lurking in the second rank, though I might swap this around a little when I build the second set. As with the blood warriors, I was careful to ensure they ranked up on 25mm square bases before I fixed them in place.

The special guest is a skaven rat ogre from the Island of Blood boxset, minus head and tail, with an ogre head added. It's a really simple conversion that requires no greenstuff. He's mounted on a cavalry base (50mm x 25mm) to fit into this unit, though you could easily put him on a larger square base and use him as an ogre, or a troll with a different choice of head. If you wanted to, you could scrape off the stitches and smooth over the joins to make him more "hulk" than "frankenstein", but that's a little too much beyond  my skills I think. I am pretty pleased with him, he looks right at home in this unit of frenzied marauders. I was also careful to ensure that the unit ranks up with or without the big guy, for those days when they get sick of his body odour and leave him back at camp.


5 comments:

Stuart Bannister said...

That's a nice simple conversion that really fits the theme of the unit too. I like it and may borrow the idea!

Mr Papafakis said...

Yeah, that rat ogre looks ace!

Goldmunds Welt said...

Great looking unit. Can´t wait to see them painted!!

benvoliothefirst said...

Great conversion, nice work ranking them up, looking forward to more!

Nord said...

Thanks guys, I can't wait to get them painted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...