Tuesday 14 April 2015

Fantasy Rampant

Fantasy wargames obviously share much of their genetics with buses - you wait ages for one to come along, then two arrive together! After yesterday's announcement about a fantasy faction for the Saga game, up pops this news - there's to be a fantasy version of Lion Rampant. Here's the announcement on the author's blog. This is a much bigger deal I would say, a complete fantasy system using the Lion Rampant mechanics, with rules covering monsters, magic, flyers and the rest. It seems I have absolutely no excuse now, I must complete those half-painted Lord of the Rings factions. Just when I thought I had kicked the fantasy habit.

The timing could hardly be better for me. Having pledged on the Blood Rage game purely for the miniatures, I was anticipating looking around for a system to use them in, maybe even having a dabble at some home-baked rules (I still might). But now I can just use them in this system. Along with Of Gods and Mortals, and the Saga mods, it seems I now have three systems to try. Happy Days.

2 comments:

Matt Crump said...

Interesting cover isn't it, would be nice to have a rule set that feels right mixing historical dark age or medieval figures with fantasy, after all men with swords are men with swords.

Minitrol said...

Ha! I thought of you as soon as I saw it pop up on my facebook feed.

I think I'd prefer these rules to Saga so I am cautiously interested...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...