Tuesday 31 March 2015

Warg Riders, in a field

A quick snap of the very early stages of my next unit, eight warg riders for my Isengard/Mordor contingent. I picked up ten of the old metals on ebay as a joblot, but decided that eight was enough for a game of Saga (with six being sufficient for a Lion Rampant game). I had to strip some of them of paint and also had to greenstuff over some really bad joins. I removed them from the round plastic bases and have them mounted on mdf (from good old warbases of course). The next step is to add a bit of sand and then prime and paint them.

Hastings five-a-side squad out for a training session
I have also been quickly making some grassy fields, from a piece of teddy fur painted with green and yellow acrylic paint. I used a standard decorating brush, with really stiff bristles. This had the double benefit of simultaneously applying colour and brushing out the fluffy bits in the fur. When dried I cut it up into three large fields. Surrounded by fences and hedges it looks reasonably like a field of grass. My next terrain project will have to be some quick and easy hedges to surround these and the older "just planted" fields I made a while back.

4 comments:

Hobbyworker said...

That fur matt looks great

nobby said...

Very good field. Very realistic.
I'm playing safe for my first field and using brown corduroy :0)

Nord said...

Brown corduroy would make very nice ploughed fields! I used a cut up mat, the type you wipe your feet on, bit of flock on top for sprouting plants.

Matt Crump said...

Field looks good happy to swop dark brown for light brown if you want some variety ?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...