Tuesday 25 March 2014

Dwarf Berserkers Reboot

Wow, has it really been over two years since I first painted this unit. At the time, there was something nagging at me that they were not quite right. Obviously, they differ from all other dwarf units in that they are practically naked, as opposed to their fully armoured kindred. There's not much that can be done about that. But there was definitely something I needed to do to improve the unit.

The most noticeable change is the addition of the tattoos. I didn't spend too much time on them to be honest, I painted thinned blue in general swirls and lines on the bodies, a few dots and other things on the faces. The beards got a minor highlight too, just a drybrush in fact. Yes, I still do use the old methods occasionally! Finally, I added a little more shading to the gold areas and coated the gems in satin varnish. The whole job was a couple of hours or so. There's still more that could be done to improve the unit, especially the axe blades could use some refinement. But in the end, this is a wargaming unit, not a display piece, so I think I will call it done. I have only gamed with them once or twice in the past couple of years, more and more painting time seems pointless.

4 comments:

Killshot Productions said...

They look terrific, the addition of the tattoos really makes them pop.

demi_morgana said...

Brill paintjob - again!

The Kiwi said...

Really good looking dwarfs.
Excellent job you did on them.

RogueMind said...

Awesome work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...