Sunday 19 January 2014

Skeletons in progress

The skeletons are shuffling onward. Last week they were not much more than a white mass, but now I have got the basic colours applied and started some of the shading. The metal areas are messy at the moment, I am painting them black so am not concerned about pooling, usually I would be careful to mop up any such mess.

My original plan to spend an hour on the skeletons, then an hour's reward on the vampire went straight out of the window. Each session I felt compelled to finish off a particular stage - all the metal areas, all the cloth areas, etc., which took far longer than an hour. After slogging through the tedium of 36 skeletons rags, there was just no energy left in me to move on to the vampire. Still, the horde is well on the way to completion and that's a good result in just one week. The vampire will just have to wait.

4 comments:

joe5mc said...

Those are looking really good. What company are they from?

Dennis said...

They look great! I felt the same way when I was going through my night goblin horde. What's the colour scheme you're using on the skeletons?

Killshot Productions said...

These are great, I really like the earthy tones and muted colors. They should go well with your Warriors of the Dead.

Nord said...

Thanks guys, always nice to get some feedback. These are mantic figures, with a few GW bits (heads and shield swaps). Colour scheme is pretty much as shown - the armour and shields will be black.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...