Friday 14 May 2010

Treeman

The elves finally get some serious hitting power. I cannot imagine a wood elf army without a treeman, he's an iconic element of the game. However, I was never a fan of the current model, I much preferred the Treebeard look from the Lord of the Rings range. I could have bought the model and used that, but I already had an old style treeman and decided to use that as a starting point. There's a thread on the Warhammer Forum showing in detail how I made the conversion.

I will be taking a short break from the elves. I don't want to spend too much time building new units until I have a better idea of the implications of 8th edition. The forest sleeps for a few months!

Next on my agenda is some greenskins, I have a couple of units that are half-painted that I would really like to complete before the new game is bought. I am also about half way through a mini campaign featuring the greenskins against the Empire, so it makes sense to get out the green paints.

1 comment:

noeste said...

That's a great-looking Treeman!

Love his mossy beard! And I really like how you've marked a clear difference between his rooty legs and the rest of his body. Often, the legs look like they're treetrunks themselves, but you've hit the nail on the head by making them roots all together - at least that's my opinion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...