Tuesday 5 May 2015

Undead Vikings

The first fantasy army I collected, over twenty years ago, was the Undead. The first historical army I owned was a viking army. I guess there's a certain inevitability about me starting an undead viking force.

I have a few good reasons to be painting this lot up. First, there's a revenants battle board for the Saga game I can use them with. Secondly, I would like to have a fantasy force available for gaming the new Dragon Rampant game when it surfaces later in the year - I am also thinking that I should receive Blood Rage at about the same time, so having a fantasy force of vikings and undead vikings would make sense. Thirdly, most of these models were already built to be used as zombies in a WHFB army, so it only took a couple of hours over the weekend to get the rest kitbashed. As you probably realise, there's a combination of Army of the Dead, mantic undead, and a smattering of historical bits been used. Fourthly, I enjoy blasting through figures like this at a fast pace, far quicker than I can complete commission work. It's early days yet, this is after just one painting session, but I already feel like I have made a lot of progress.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I have an old Citadel undead Viking that I painted up for a specific scenario. Always wanted to add a few more for au dead Viking unit. Yours look great!

Matt Crump said...

Looking good......might give me some ideas

Phil Curran said...

http://dalauppror.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Zombies you can't have enough undead vikings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...