Thursday 10 March 2011

Free Savage Orc Shaman!

There's a free savage orc shaman included in the box of plastic savage orcs! You just have to be a bit cunning like Mork (or is it Gork) to find it.

It's not very often that I buy brand new release items, I am too old and wily (or is it cynical) for that kind of thing. It's very easy to get sucked into the marketing hype and internet clamour. I usually wait a few months to check if a) I still like the new stuff or b) I can pick it up a bit cheaper on ebay. But with the release of the new savage orcs, I was reckless and pre-ordered two boxes.

I want to get the maximum value from these two boxes. I am doing this in two ways. I am building a regiment of 24 figures, even though two boxes of 10 theoretically holds just 20 figures. With a bit of multiple basing trickery it's easy enough, but more on that next time. The second bonus is this free shaman. Obviously it's just a kit bash using the components. The staff is built from a couple of chopped up bows and the dangly wotnotz from the big stabba. It's not difficult, no sculpting involved and the end result is a very nice model.

4 comments:

noeste said...

Haha, well done!

Looking forward to the pictures of the regiment itself, and how you've created 4-5 models out of thin air.

redmanphill said...

Hmmm I am not sold on the shaman. If he is in alongside the other Savage Orcs I guess he won't look that much different.

Nord said...

You don't think his knobbly staff will mark him out? I have also tried to emphasis bones rather than flint on him, but it is difficult given the lack of extras in the box. A shrunken head and a few feathers would have been very useful. It's a really nice box set, the sculpts are very nice and a decent choice of weapons, but there are no extra heads, no extra bits as such. I will just have to rely on the paintwork to mark him as a shaman!

redmanphill said...

Well a few nice glowing magical effects can possibly mark him out nicely as a shaman. Otherwise I will have to wait to see him with the rest of the regiment to really compare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...